Eggs has many health beneficial and should be consumed almost every day. Eggs are rich in amino acids, iron and antioxidants, but make sure you buy organic eggs because they’re the richest in these health beneficial nutrients. They’re the ideal way to start the day – healthy, nutritional and easily prepared in a million ways.
EATING EGGS EVERY DAY
Our bodies produce about 11 fatty acids which are indispensable to our health, and the egg contains 9 more that are needed as well.
Experts say that if your body lack any of those additional 9 fatty acids you could face hair loss, fatigue, poor skin quality, loss of the muscle mass and an overall weakened immune system. That’s why they recommend consuming eggs every day and once you read all the health benefits they bring we’re sure you’ll start consuming it right away.
Health benefits of eggs
- An egg or two a day will strengthen your immune system. They’re rich in selenium, which keeps your immune system in top form, fights off infections, and regulates the thyroid gland hormone.
- They’re also rich in amino acids, which promote mental health. They regulate the level of serotonin, and we all know that it is the key neurotransmitter responsible for calmness, happiness and relaxation. Meaning that an egg a day can keep you relaxed and stress-free.
- There’s about 200 milligrams of cholesterol in a single egg, but what’s funny about this is that eggs regulate your cholesterol levels in the body. They help lower the bad cholesterol and increase the good cholesterol.
- We know that we mostly get Vitamin D from the sun, but next on the list of vitamin D providers are eggs. This is crucial for us because vitamin D is responsible for healthy bones and strong teeth. Moreover, the vitamin activates the absorption of calcium, a compound essential for cardiovascular health, good metabolism and digestion.
- Eggs can even improve your cognitive functions. They abound in choline, which is an important nutrient which stimulates brain development and jogs the memory. Recent studies indicate that it can decrease the risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, cognitive impairment and neurological disorders.
- You may have thought that eggs should be avoided while you’re dieting but it’s quite the opposite. Since they’re rich in so many nutrients they will make you feel full for longer. On the other hand, they’re low in calories which makes them an excellent diet meal. According to studies conducted by the Journal of the American College of Nutrition and The International Journal of Obesity consuming eggs for breakfast makes you eat less during the day and contributes to weight loss and lowered percentage of body fat.
- And lastly, eggs are very beneficial when it comes to eye sight as well because they contain high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin which lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration and protect your eyes from the harmful UV rays. These powerful carotenoids also lower the risk of cataracts by a whopping 50%.